[rabbitmq-discuss] clustering question

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Tue Apr 6 15:17:13 BST 2010

Ian,

Alexis Richardson wrote:
> If you publish with (say) key "bob" and two queues on two nodes
> are bound with that key, then they both get a copy. That's pubsub in
> the multicast style for you.  For precise error reporting, I shall
> defer to someone with more knowledge than I ...

In AMQP it is perfectly ok to publish a message that does not get routed
anywhere; the message will simply be dropped. But if you set the
'mandatory' flag in basic.publish then in these situations the server
will asynchronously return the message to the sender in a basic.return
command.

Regards,

Matthias.