[rabbitmq-discuss] clustering question

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 01:02:42 BST 2010

Ian

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Ian Ragsdale <ian.ragsdale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alexis, that's very useful information - using redis to dedupe messages between redundant servers is interesting.

Thanks - I agree.

> Regarding queues being unavailable when their nodes are down, what kind of behavior should I expect at the producer?  If I publish a message to an exchange that is bound to a queue that is unavailable, should I receive an error, would the message be in limbo until the node came back up, or would it just not get pushed into the queue?

Not necessarily, since your message may reach another queue on another
node.  If you publish with (say) key "bob" and two queues on two nodes
are bound with that key, then they both get a copy. That's pubsub in
the multicast style for you.  For precise error reporting, I shall
defer to someone with more knowledge than I ...

alexis