[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqctl status problem on windows server 2008 (the vista-ish variant)

Dmitriy Samovskiy dmitriy.samovskiy at cohesiveft.com
Thu May 28 17:16:07 BST 2009

Hi Ryan,

Ryan Davis wrote:
> I tried following some debugging steps listed at
> http://somic.org/2009/02/19/on-rabbitmqctl-and-badrpcnodedown/, which is
> linux-specific.  Running "net_adm:names()." does not list the rabbit
> node.  One interesting bit is that if I start two eshells,
> net_adm:names(). lists both of them.

You are absolutely right, that post focuses on *nix systems, and I have no idea how
applicable it might be to Windows environments. Any chance you can switch to Linux? :)

I can't explain how these 2 can be true at the same time though:
1) you have rabbit running as a service and you can connect to it
2) rabbit node does not show up in net_adm:names() which would mean rabbit is not running

Is there anything in the rabbit log (such as this "connection attempt from disallowed
node" [1])?

You may also check out mailing list archives on Windows and cookies [2] or Windows and
services [3]

[1] http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2008-September/001681.html
[2] http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Alists.rabbitmq.com+windows+cookie
[3] http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Alists.rabbitmq.com+windows+service