[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqctl status problem on windows server 2008 (the vista-ish variant) KINDA SOLVED

Ryan Davis ryan at acceleration.net
Thu May 28 18:25:25 BST 2009

Dmitriy Samovskiy wrote:
> You are absolutely right, that post focuses on *nix systems, and I
> have no idea how applicable it might be to Windows environments. Any
> chance you can switch to Linux? :)
I'm using Rabbit to replace some homegrown .NET/SQL Server queue
solutions, and putting it on the same box running the .NET code was
handy.  I can switch to linux, but brining up another system seemed like
overkill for my message rates.
> Is there anything in the rabbit log (such as this "connection attempt
> from disallowed node" [1])?
No, I didn't see anything like that in the logs covering the time period
this morning when I was futzing with it.

I managed to get the status working by restarting the RabbitMQ service.
My best guess is that the erlang cookie in the running rabbit server for
some reason did not match the one in C:\Windows\.erlang.cookie.  Maybe I
accidentally overwrote that file?  Anyway, it works now, thanks for the
quick response.  I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can recreate the
problem.

Thanks,

Ryan Davis
Acceleration.net