[rabbitmq-discuss] win 2008 64bit

Emile Joubert emile at lshift.net
Mon Mar 16 18:36:11 GMT 2009

Andrius,

Thanks for sharing your experience on windows 2008/64-bit. I've just
tried the same and found that I needed to

set ERLANG_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\erl5.6.5

prior to launching rabbitmq-server.bat to run the broker. If you chose
to install Erlang in a different location then the path will be different.

Your comments about the file permissions of the service account are very
useful and will appear in the next version of the website.

We are aware of the potential pitfalls with synchronising cookies when
running the service and rabbitctl as different users. The suggestions at

http://www.rabbitmq.com/service-guide.html

under "Service Management" were meant to help, but I agree that these
could be more prominent.

The way that variables persist across invocations of the script is
intentional, but your solution will work fine. The limitations of batch
files have led us to consider alternatives such as powershell or windows
script host, but will these will probably not be explored in the near
future.

If you have any more suggestions then please let us know.

Regards

-Emile