[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP Connector / Net::Stomp / Custom Headers

Darien Kindlund darien at kindlund.com
Tue Jan 20 23:57:58 GMT 2009

Hi Tony,

Perhaps you can address this issue:  I've got two perl processes both
using Net::Stomp to talk to one another via the RabbitMQ STOMP
connector.

1) When sending a message, I've tried setting the header named:
'reply-to', 'reply_to', x-reply-to', and 'x_reply_to'.  In *all*
cases, it seems that the STOMP connector strips this header before
sending the message through to the receiving *perl* process.

So, I ask, how can two perl processes effectively send messages to
each other, where one of the perl processes sets up a "temporary"
queue and routing_key and needs to let the other perl process know the
temporary routing key in order to receive any type of response?

2) In general, how does the STOMP connector deal with custom headers
via Net::Stomp?  Does it strip out all custom headers?  Or only custom
headers that don't begin with 'x-'?

Regards,
-- Darien