[rabbitmq-discuss] [BUG] Erlang RabbitMQ client requires installed server code

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 23:54:40 BST 2008

Edwin,

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 8:19 AM, Ben Hood <0x6e6562 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on this approach, and whether
>> or not you can get the direct driver test to work.

I've started a branch for this in hg, it's called bug19373.

All that I've done so far is to apply your patch and fix the line that
you commented out that made the direct test fail (you un-exported the
start/2 function, which is required for the direct client).

I do have a few observations that I'll just work into that branch -

1. The string building is probably unecessary - you could just pass
the module name in 1:1
2. I think you took the comment in the unregister/2 function a little
too literally, I don't think it need any driver specific
differentiation. If it did, then the correct thing to do is to
encapsulate this in a callback and let the driver handle it.

Also, this will all be dependent on another bug that I've started to
do the necessary splitting in the server code base.

Just wanted to give you a heads up to let you that we're not
completely slacking off here.

As for time lines, ATM this is about priority 2 behind some major
server refactoring, so I'll let you know as soon as I can.

HTH,

Ben