[rabbitmq-discuss] [BUG] Erlang RabbitMQ client requires installed server code

Edwin Fine rabbitmq-discuss_efine at usa.net
Thu Sep 11 02:05:33 BST 2008

Ben,

Thanks so much for looking into this and giving it your consideration. I'm
happy that you found it of some value. I was a bit worried that you would
have concerns about the performance of the modified code, given that it's no
longer a direct module call. I read your comments below with interest, and I
am watching and learning. I'll be very curious to see the actual finished
code when it's released. I'm glad the direct driver problem was just a
commented-out line of code - I admit I did do it all in a hurry as a proof
of concept.

I have in the meantime created my own little rabbitmq_common application,
used only by the Erlang client, and it is all working famously and nicely
decoupled from the server. I trust that the changes you are talking about
will come out in the next release of RabbitMQ, so when that happens, I'll
change my code to use the "official" client and whatever the common app is
called.

Regards,
Edwin