[rabbitmq-discuss] [BUG] Erlang RabbitMQ client requires installed server code

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 08:19:09 BST 2008

Edwin,

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 3:28 AM, Edwin Fine
<rabbitmq-discuss_efine at usa.net> wrote:
> So here's my first change (attached file ampq_connection.erl).
>
> I've modified amqp_connection to be completely dynamic and not depend at all
> at compile time on any network driver module. Now some people may shudder at
> building a module name from strings, but it's not uncommon outside Erlang
> and it certainly does give flexibility.

I'm not overly concerned about this either - it's all self contained.

> I have successfully run the network_client_test, but could not run the
> direct test. Is this possibly because the Rabbit 1.4.0 I have installed is
> not in sync with the API expected by the direct driver?

This is unlikely. Can you be more specific about why the direct test
does not run? Is there an error?

> As an added bonus, I was able to prevent code from running that was marked
> with
>
> %% TODO This differentiation is only necessary for the direct channel,
>
> because the server state now "knows" what kind of connection it is.

:-)

> I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on this approach, and whether
> or not you can get the direct driver test to work.

On initial perusal this looks quite good. I'm going to have to create
a branch for this and do some proper testing, so I'll try and get this
done as soon as possible.

Ben