[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ starting problem on R12B-5

ferrety ferrety yferrety at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 08:47:16 GMT 2008

Hi Mathias,

> Are you *sure* that is R12B-4?

Yes I'm.

> Please run
>  erlang:system_info(version).

1> erlang:system_info(version).
"5.6.4"

>  code:which(mnesia).

2> code:which(mnesia).
"/usr/lib/erlang/lib/mnesia-4.4.7/ebin/mnesia.beam"

> Are you saying that R12B-4 + 1.4.0 actually worked for you at some point?

Yes, this is exactly what happen to us. The first time we installed
Rabbit, it just worked without any problem.
When moving to R12B-5, problems started and it' wasn't possible to
return to R12B-4 and get it run anymore.

> And these were clean machines, with *no previous Erlang or RabbitMQ
> installation*?

The first time we installed Rabbit 1.4.0 was on clean machine with
R12B-4. But it worked fine.

Regards
Ferret