[rabbitmq-discuss] File transfers

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Wed Jan 30 13:43:23 GMT 2008

Hi David,

How did you get on with file transfers over AMQP? Did it work out, or
have you switched to something else?

David Pollak wrote:
> PS -- I'm currently implementing an encrypted session mechanism that
> does a handshake with authentication and all the subsequent messages are
> encrypted using the secret shared during the handshake.  It solves the
> "using Rabbit in the Wild" problem without SSL.  I should have some code
> posted in a few days.

This sounds very interesting! Are there any further details available?
Would support for this style of encryption be a useful addition to
RabbitMQ? Does it require cooperation from the broker, or is it a
decentralised, peer-to-peer style thing? (with Bob Frankston-style
innovation-at-the-edge)

Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net