[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP v0-9

Martin Sustrik sustrik at imatix.com
Thu Aug 23 14:05:20 BST 2007

Matthias,

We've had OpenAMQ/RabbitMQ compatibility issue raised once more on
OpenAMQ mailing list:

"And one more important thing that we identified was  interoperability
of the brokers. say for example unlike the other middleware systems,
AMQP defines the protocol itself we should be able to send the messages
written in OpenAMQ client to RabitMQ server and vice versa. But with the
current implementations we cant do it. If you all can address that it
will be nice."

We've had discussion about this issue some time ago and at that point it
was unclear whether you are going to support 0-9 version of the
protocol. Was there any decision made meanwhile?

Martin