[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP v0-9

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Aug 23 20:55:07 BST 2007

Martin,

Martin Sustrik wrote:
> We've had OpenAMQ/RabbitMQ compatibility issue raised once more on
> OpenAMQ mailing list:
> [...]
> We've had discussion about this issue some time ago and at that point it
> was unclear whether you are going to support 0-9 version of the
> protocol. Was there any decision made meanwhile?

I am trying to figure out how to best get RabbitMQ to interop with both
Qpid and OpenAMQ. As you may have seen from the other messages, we've
made some tweaks to get interop with Qpid M1 to work, and will release
those shortly.

The question is, if we move RabbitMQ to 0-9 in order to get interop with
OpenAMQ, how do we maintain interop with Qpid?

Are we going to have to have code that supports both 0-8 and 0-9 and
picks the right one during connection negotiation? That is certainly
possible, but it is quite a bit of work that I'd rather avoid.

Matthias.