[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue Failover and restore

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Tue Mar 25 06:52:55 GMT 2014

On 25 March 2014 at 10:49:26, Arun Rao (arunrao.seattle at gmail.com) wrote:
> > I am under the impression I get more throughput having 16 queues
> living on 4 different nodes compared to 16 queues living on 3 nodes.
> This difference becomes noticeable when the number of messages
> ready picked up are significantly higher? This actually goes
> back to making queues local and providing more hardware. Am i
> mistaken?

This is partially true. What matters is publisher and consumer locality.
For maximum throughput you want to avoid intra-cluster traffic.

In an HA setup, your clients need to reconnect to another node, so likely
you won’t get in a situation when most clients are connected to a single node.

If that’s not good enough, you can use HTTP API to find what node hosts master
for the queue in question and connect there.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ