[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue Failover and restore

Arun Rao arunrao.seattle at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 07:06:14 GMT 2014

Hi Michael -

Thanks for your quick response, as always!

I am already monitoring node column in HTTP API for queues. I get to know
when there is a node failure and I see the queue distribution on nodes as a
pie chart.

After I bring the node back up, I cannot help redistribute queues evenly
again. I am processing several hundred Gigabytes of data per day. CPU Usage
on nodes where queues live and delivery rates are directly related to
number of messages remaining in my queues, that is why I want to
redistribute the queues back again.

(Please note: I have enough consumers to listen on all nodes.)

Please advise if this would make sense to provide an option via rabbitmqctl
or rabbitmqadmin or via management UI?

Thanks for your help!