[rabbitmq-discuss] weird stats tail behavior

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jan 7 10:08:12 GMT 2014

Hi Carl,

So sorry for the delayed response - this slipped through the xmas cracks I'm afraid.

On 12 Dec 2013, at 10:51, carlhoerberg wrote:
> We have a "constant spike" at the end of our charts:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/8n7p2ih0rhm6nre/Screenshot%202013-12-12%2017.45.41.png
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/y637pm0w66lskm0/Screenshot%202013-12-12%2017.46.08.png
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/g17tna9d390oncn/Screenshot%202013-12-12%2017.46.59.png
>
> There's always a spike at the end of the 10min chart, no matter how long you
> look at it.

Hmn, interesting. Can you tell us anything more about the environment/configuration? Do you have logs from these time periods to share?

> Also note that the current msgs rates shows 0, while in fact the pub rate is
> 400msg/s.

There have been a few bug fixes to the management plugin since 3.1.5 - do you observe the same behaviour with more recent versions? (I do realise that your production environments don't always make it easy/possible to answer that kind of question though!).

Cheers,
Tim