[rabbitmq-discuss] How consumer subscription to queue when you have to client servers

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu Feb 20 02:50:00 GMT 2014

On 20 Feb 2014, at 00:14, cw storm <cwstorm at gmail.com> wrote:

>  But if you have a subscription based consumer (basicConsume), will we still achieve load balancing to each of the client nodes?  Also, if the load balancer is only pointing to one rabbit node and you have two subscription base consumer to the queue, are messages still being round-robin during runtime?

Messages between consumers that share a queue are distributed in a round robin manner
(with respect to basic.qos and acks) regardless of whether you connect to RabbitMQ over
a proxy.

So distributing connections to your app servers evenly should be generally sufficient.

MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ