[rabbitmq-discuss] How consumer subscription to queue when you have to client servers

cw storm cwstorm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 20:14:28 GMT 2014

We have two client servers.  A load balancer (LB) sits between the client
server and the rabbit servers.  Because we have two client servers, both
will be creating consumer subscription to say "queue1".  The LB performs a
round-robin to the client servers for processing.  But if you have a
subscription based consumer (basicConsume), will we still achieve load
balancing to each of the client nodes?  Also, if the load balancer is only
pointing to one rabbit node and you have two subscription base consumer to
the queue, are messages still being round-robin during runtime?