[rabbitmq-discuss] Implementing the concept of virtual destinations (ActiveMQ) in RabbitMQ

snahata swetanahata2008 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 07:56:25 GMT 2013

Hi All,

I am new to RabbitMQ and wanted to figure out whether we can implement the
concept of virtual destinations as specified in ActiveMQ in RabbitMQ as
well?
Virtual Destinations allows to create logical destinations that clients can
use to produce and consume from but which map onto one or more physical
destinations.
Basically, a producer sends message to a virtual topic which is then
received by the actual physical queues. These messages are then distributed
to the consumers listening on those queues based on the concept of load
balancing.
I have attached the diagram for reference.

Thanks,
Sweta