[rabbitmq-discuss] Implementing the concept of virtual destinations (ActiveMQ) in RabbitMQ

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 09:22:44 GMT 2013

Hi,

Take a look at how RabbitMQ does routing:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/tutorial-four-python.html I think that
answers part of your question. ie.: "virtual destinations" are exchanges in
RabbitMQ.

wrt load balancing, that is, spreading the messages across queues, you
could use the consistent hash exchange, which comes by default with
RabbitMQ (although not enabled). Here are the docs:
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-consistent-hash-exchange/file/rabbitmq_v3_2_0/README.md

Regards,

Alvaro