[rabbitmq-discuss] Logging all messages all the time

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Nov 15 09:33:32 GMT 2013

On 14/11/2013 9:46PM, Chris McKenzie wrote:
> I've explored turning on Firehose and using the tracing plugin, but
> the queues in question are not durable.

Huh?

The firehose logs to an exchange. You can connect any queue you like to
that; durable or transient.

And the tracing plugin uses a queue internally but pulls messages off
that and into a log file - which is durable, honest :-)

> I'm also not sure if these solutions will work if new queues and
> exchanges are added to the virtual host after logging hast started.

They will.

> These tools seem designed more for temporary debugging than what I
> need.

Possibly, yes. But they should still do what you are asking.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal