[rabbitmq-discuss] Statistics gathering

Flavio Pompermaier pompermaier at okkam.it
Thu Jul 25 10:45:31 BST 2013

Yes, probably what I need is to correctly set those two parameters:
 - sample_retention_policies
 - collect_statistics_interval

Are they strictly related or they serve different purposes?
How do I ask for global/basic/detailed cumulative stats (like those
collected by sample_retention_policies)?
I think that I need those metrics..
With a small collect_statistics_interval (1 s) I have more precise data but
more overhead on the broker,
but changing this parameters require also to change sample_retention_policies
right?
Or it just run every 5 s and thus collects 5 samples (for default global
conf for example)..?

Best,
Flavio