[rabbitmq-discuss] Statistics gathering

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jul 25 10:28:29 BST 2013

On 24/07/2013 6:17PM, Flavio Pompermaier wrote:
> have you ever tried to set statistics interval to something like a week?

I assume you mean sample_retention_policies (i.e. how long we hold stats
for) rather than collect_statistics_interval (i.e. how frequently the
broker should emit stats for the management plugin to collect).

No I haven't, although you should be fine as long as you reduce the
resolution for data that's held for longer. Or put up with increased
memory use.

> Does it affect performance?

Shouldn't do particularly.

Cheers, Simon