[rabbitmq-discuss] Configuring RabbitMQ to support change in hostname

Kapil Goyal goyalk at vmware.com
Thu Apr 11 22:27:48 BST 2013

Matthias, Tim,

Thanks for your response.

> The real problem is that the mnesia schema contains for each table a
reference to the node(s) on which it has copies. So if the host name
changes and rabbit is restarted it will think that its tables still live
on the host with the > old hostname.

So, if I change the node-name to rabbit at localhost in the evn-config file,
RabbitMQ still won't be able to handle the change in hostname because of
the old hostname being in mnesia tables. Is this correct? I am trying to
understand how RabbitMQ uses the hostname stored in mnesia tables.

Thanks
Kapil