[rabbitmq-discuss] [Q] How can one remove dead nodes from a cluster?

Francesco Mazzoli francesco at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jun 28 12:43:46 BST 2012

Hi Simon,

At Thu, 28 Jun 2012 13:27:30 +0200,
Simon Loewenthal wrote:
> How can one remove dead nodes from a cluster?   I expected a command
> list $ rabbitmqctl remove_cluster rabbit at rabbit1 but did not see one.

Removing dead node from a cluster is quite tricky - this will change
in next releases of rabbit.

The easiest method is to bring up an "impostor" node with the same
note name as the dead one, `force_cluster' it with some nodes that are
still in the cluster, and then reseting it. I hope that works for you.

Francesco.