[rabbitmq-discuss] [Q] How can one remove dead nodes from a cluster?

Simon Loewenthal simon at klunky.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 12:27:30 BST 2012

Hi there,

    Another Q for today.

    I have a four cluster node where two servers are dead. These were
rebuilt.
These two were no removed from the cluster, so the two remaining servers
think that the two dead servers are still part of the cluster, but
listed as unavailable.  These two dead nodes were never put in the
rabbitmq.config.

How can one remove dead nodes from a cluster?   I expected a command
list $ rabbitmqctl remove_cluster rabbit at rabbit1 but did not see one.

Cheers, S