[rabbitmq-discuss] Causes of server disconnects?

Darren nospam5874 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 12:20:13 BST 2012

I am getting a rather strange issue where the server disconnects, but the
client still thinks it is connected?

In the server log I get:
=WARNING REPORT==== 28-Jun-2012::03:00:02 ===
exception on TCP connection <0.20778.1021> from 10.10.1.225:58539
connection_closed_abruptly

While looking at TCP/IP view on the client shows that it still thinks the
connection is established?

Obviosuly when this happens, the client no longer receives messages from
rabbit.

I am wondering under what circumstances does the server determine that the
connection is closed? Presumably there was no FIN packet sent from the
client to the server?

Also, since the client did not detect that the session was closed, I am
wondering how to deal with the situation from the client?