[rabbitmq-discuss] Subscription and basic nack

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jun 18 16:05:16 BST 2012

Hi Dave,

On 14/06/12 20:08, Dave Curylo wrote:
> where delivery is the BasicDeliverEventArgs that I got from the
> subscription?  It's not very clear from the API reference or user guide
> how you would reject a message from a subscription.

The .net user guide has some discussion about acknowledgements in
section 3.2.3 - you can download it from here:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/dotnet.html

The protocol reference has details about basic.nack:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/amqp-0-9-1-quickref.html#basic.nack

Your use of the API looks correct. The Subscription class documentation
does not contain a great level of detail because it is a thin wrapper,
but you can see from the implementation of Ack() how to obtain a
DeliveryTag.

Bear in mind that setting the requeue parameter may cause the message to
reach the subscriber again, depending on the presence of other consumers.

-Emile