[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem with transaction handling on high availability queues

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jan 6 10:45:01 GMT 2012

On 05/01/12 19:50, christopher.grebs wrote:
> =ERROR REPORT==== 5-Jan-2012::19:11:40 ===
> connection<0.20298.26>, channel 1 - error:
> {amqp_error,precondition_failed,"partial tx completion",'tx.commit'}

Basically the transaction was not able to commit. In recent RabbitMQ
versions transactions a implemented in terms of confirms; this error on
commit is equivalent to the confirm mechanism having sent nacks.

And the confirm mechanism will only send a nack if a queue crashes. So
I'm guessing that's what happened - you can check further up the log
file (sorry, the URL you posted is not responding for me). There were
several bugs in this area that were fixed in 2.7.1 so you might want to
upgrade.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen