[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem with transaction handling on high availability queues

christopher.grebs christopher.grebs at native-instruments.de
Thu Jan 5 19:50:21 GMT 2012

Hey there everyone,

as suggested on the IRC I try to find my luck here.  Currently we are
using RabbitMQ with the Pika python client backend by the gocept.amqprun
library (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/gocept.amqprun) which works
perfectly for now.

We are now trying to setup high-availability queues to further improve
our current rabbitmq setup to be more reliable and more available.  Our
current setup uses transactions ('tx.commit' and stuff) and I am now
encountering this error:

=ERROR REPORT==== 5-Jan-2012::19:11:40 ===
connection<0.20298.26>, channel 1 - error:
{amqp_error,precondition_failed,"partial tx completion",'tx.commit'}

Full errorreport: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/tSb4QSdOlVpoZJggfJIa/

We are using RabbitMQ 2.7.0.

It would be awesome if somebody has a clue on what's going on.  If you
need any further information, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Christopher.