[rabbitmq-discuss] .Net Client locks trying to create a channel on a blocked connection

Francesco Mazzoli francesco at rabbitmq.com
Thu Aug 23 17:51:40 BST 2012

At Thu, 23 Aug 2012 09:03:10 -0700 (PDT),
kzhen wrote:
> The guidance of Rabbit is to maintain one connection per application, which
> I'm adhering to.
>
> The application will be receiving many many requests per second so this isn't
> really feasible.

What are you trying to accomplish?  If you're creating a new exchange to publish
messages, then the blocking is sensible, since rabbit has blocked the connection
because it can't process you're messages fast enough anyway.

If you want to manage resources, you might want to keep a connection dedicated
to that for situations like that.

> I also noticed some interesting behaviour in that I'm able to establish a
> connection to a server with a memory alarm which would then result in the
> connection being blocked, but the connection is still established...is there
> anything I can check on the actual IConnection to see if it is in the BLOCKED
> state? I couldn't see anything...

No, for the connection to be blocked simply means that rabbit stops reading from
the socket, so there is no easy way to detect that.

--
Francesco * Often in error, never in doubt