[rabbitmq-discuss] .Net Client locks trying to create a channel on a blocked connection

kzhen k.ross at resilientplc.com
Fri Aug 24 09:57:20 BST 2012

Francesco Mazzoli-2 wrote

> What are you trying to accomplish?  If you're creating a new exchange to
> publish
> messages, then the blocking is sensible, since rabbit has blocked the
> connection
> because it can't process you're messages fast enough anyway.
>
> If you want to manage resources, you might want to keep a connection
> dedicated
> to that for situations like that.

If the CreateModel timed out instead, or threw an exception if it couldn't
establish a connection that would be the ideal situation. As it is I'm left
with a thread just sitting there blocked, when I try to stop the windows
service that this is running in it will just sit there...for a very long
time because it can't clean this up. The channel would be used to publish
new messages.

My app is a REST service that is called to enqueue a message, but what is
happening is that the http request will never get a response due to the
channel being blocked...

I would agree blocking makes sense, but having an overload which takes a
timeout parameter would make my life a whole lot easier!