[rabbitmq-discuss] simple federation question

Bobby Castleberry bobtkat at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 20:49:20 BST 2012

It doesn't seem to be forwarding the messages to the end point queues.  I
subscribe to the federated exchange (graphite-uplink on polling1), publish
a message and it drops into a locally generated queue but never makes it to
the end points.  I may be missing something with the routing but as I
understood it this back end style exchange should handle the routing by
default.

root at sansketch8polling1:/var/
log/rabbitmq# rabbitmqctl list_exchanges
Listing exchanges ...
amq.rabbitmq.log        topic
graphite        topic
graphite-uplink x-federation
...done.
root at sansketch8polling1:/var/log/rabbitmq# rabbitmqctl list_queues
Listing queues ...
amq.gen-wEmGzR01E_M30QDAndw8vd  4
SAN     0
...done.

root at sansketch8display1:~# rabbitmqctl list_exchanges
Listing exchanges ...
amq.direct      direct
amq.topic       topic
amq.rabbitmq.trace      topic
federation: graphite -> sansketch8polling1:graphite-uplink A
x-federation-upstream
amq.rabbitmq.log        topic
amq.fanout      fanout
amq.headers     headers
graphite        topic
        direct
amq.match       headers
...done.
root at sansketch8display1:~# rabbitmqctl list_queues
Listing queues ...
federation: graphite -> sansketch8polling1:graphite-uplink 0
...done.