[rabbitmq-discuss] Task queues: use rabbitmq to build one, or use rabbitmq AS one

Jerry Kuch jerryk at rbcon.com
Tue Aug 14 00:19:47 BST 2012

As general background to the conversation, the following summarizes some
nice anti-patterns in the area:

http://www.engineyard.com/blog/2011/5-subtle-ways-youre-using-mysql-as-a-queue-and-why-itll-bite-you/

These are good things to watch out for, since they almost spontaneously
self organize in a lot of systems we've seen. :-)

Best regards,
Jerry