[rabbitmq-discuss] Task queues: use rabbitmq to build one, or use rabbitmq AS one

Tony Garnock-Jones tonygarnockjones+rabbitmq at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 13:00:16 BST 2012

Hi Mark,

On 12 August 2012 15:58, Mark Feeney <mark.feeney at gmail.com> wrote:

> Most of the tasks that get queued are of the "never lose this" variety
> (durable everything, persistent messages).

Emile has already given some sensible advice, and since you've been writing
your own database-backed pseudoqueues you probably have a pretty good
handle on this anyway, but in case it helps I wrote a little on options for
task queueing (for the special case of "transactional" tasks, but most of
the ideas generalise) using RabbitMQ last year:
http://www.eighty-twenty.org/index.cgi/tech/rabbitmq/tasks-within-transactions-20111218.html

Regards,
  Tony
--