[rabbitmq-discuss] LDAP authentication works, but can't login?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Sep 23 12:51:40 BST 2011

On 21/09/11 20:02, Andrew wrote:
> But I keep getting denied access.  This is true from both the
> management console and the command line scripts for the Management
> plug-in.

...but I guess logins over AMQP work?

In 2.6.1 the situation for logins to mgmt changed. We introduced user
tags, and users without any tags can't use mgmt *at all*:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/management.html#permissions

So you probably need to make sure the LDAP plugin gives your users a
"management", "monitoring" or "administrator" tag (depending on what you
want them to do). Use the tag_queries parameter:

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-auth-backend-ldap/file/default/README-authorisation#l61

i.e. something like:

{tag_queries, [{management, {constant, true}}]}

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware