[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 2.6.1 and memory consumption

DOBRO vertolet666 at yandex.ru
Wed Sep 21 21:52:54 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm running RabbitMQ 2.6.1 on Erlang R14B03 under Linux.
I noticed that Rabbit node grows in memory very quickly (about 300 Mb per
day).

All the clients publish non-persistent messages and all the consumers are
bound to non-durable queues.
I didn't change anything, I just upgraded Erlang and RabbitMQ.

The previous versions were R14B01 (Erlang) and 2.4.0 (RabbitMQ). Total
amoumt of memory consumed by rabbit was about 700 Mb and its uptime was
about 5 months.

RabbitMQ 2.6.1 has been running for a week and it consumed 2,2 Gb.

The total amount of memory installed is 12Gb.

At startup in the log file:
=INFO REPORT==== 13-Sep-2011::16:15:23 === Memory  limit  set  to 4817MB.

So, I have 8 days (approx.) until it runs out of memory :)

Any ideas?

Thanks.