[rabbitmq-discuss] Unable to get management plugins working with Nagios after upgrade: "Access Refused"

Bill Gerrard billg at nffs.com
Wed Sep 7 14:43:53 BST 2011

On 09/07/2011 03:55 AM, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> On 07/09/11 10:41, ronocgly wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have upgraded my rabbitmq-server and rabbitmq management plugins to
>> 2.6.0 (old version 2.2.0) , since the upgrade rabbitmq is working fine
>> but nagios reports "Access Refused" when polling the plugins.
>
> I think you're seeing the same issue reported here:
>
> http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2011-September/014917.html

In each of the check_rabbitmq_* nagios plugins, find the credentials
logic and change it as follows:

  $ua->credentials("$hostname:$port",
-    "Management: Web UI", $p->opts->user, $p->opts->password);
+    "RabbitMQ Management", $p->opts->user, $p->opts->password);

I have already notified the author of nagios-plugins-rabbitmq about the
change.

> Sorry about this, I didn't think changing the realm name would break
> things. I won't change it again :)

Thank you!