[rabbitmq-discuss] Journaling for RabbitMQ?

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Fri May 27 00:12:19 BST 2011

Meredith Gregory escribió:
> The question came up in the context of debugging a message processing code path where we couldn't readily tell whether the message had been deposited to the queue and was being nabbed by a dispatcher faster than we could see or whether the message was never arriving at the queue at all. The client observed that with a journaling feature there would be no need to introduce more debugging statements into application code.

Meredith,

Maybe using management plugin [1] or a little tracer tool that Java client ships with [2] can help you? I find those too invaluable during development and QA.

1. http://www.rabbitmq.com/management.html
2. http://www.rabbitmq.com/examples.html, see AMQP Protocol Capture/Analysis Tool section.
--
MK