[rabbitmq-discuss] looks like a memory leak, 2.4.1

Gavin M. Roy gmr at myyearbook.com
Mon May 2 20:12:34 BST 2011

On Monday, May 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> Gavin,
>
> The above graph shows system memory usage. It is perfectly normal for a
> non-idle linux system to gradually fill up all the memory with cached
> files.
Which I expect in disk buffers in that graph. The inactive memory is what threw me, going back and re-reading up on it, this is memory that previously been allocated in vm that can be reclaimed for other use, correct? I had read, I thought, that it was allocated and yet to be freed memory that was not actively being used.
>  And, as you say, rabbit thinks it is only using 330MB. Is the
> rabbit Erlang process considerably bigger than that?
No, it is in that range.

Gavin