[rabbitmq-discuss] looks like a memory leak, 2.4.1

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon May 2 19:48:58 BST 2011

Gavin,

Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> In checking my cluster, I am seeing this too.  Looks like it pre-existed
> 2.4.1, the drop at week 16 is an upgrade from 2.3.1 to 2.4.1:
>
> Memory.png
>

> The management plugin is reporting RAM usage for this node at 330MB and
> Rabbit is the only service running on the box.  Anyone have some ideas
> on how to try and figure out where the leak is?

The above graph shows system memory usage. It is perfectly normal for a
non-idle linux system to gradually fill up all the memory with cached
files. And, as you say, rabbit thinks it is only using 330MB. Is the
rabbit Erlang process considerably bigger than that?

Mark reported that he was seeing memory alarms in the logs, which only
happens when rabbit itself thinks it has exceeded the watermark.

Regards,

Matthias.