[rabbitmq-discuss] question on custom exchanges

Jon Brisbin jon at jbrisbin.com
Thu Mar 31 20:21:52 BST 2011

Sorry for the bang-bang, scatter-shot nature of these questions, but...

How would I go about creating resources that are unique to a given custom exchange? For example, if I have hostname and port parameters as arguments to my custom exchange, how can I manage a process that is unique to that exchange (because it connects to a possibly-unique combo of hostname and port) from my module?

Do I construct some key based on vhost and exchange name and store a Pid in an ets table or something?

What is the lifecycle of a custom exchange module? Does it even have one?

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin

http://jbrisbin.com
Twitter: @j_brisbin