[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq-Shovel Timer-Based Publishing Possible?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Mar 16 15:46:52 GMT 2011

Allen,

On 15/03/11 15:33, Allen Kim wrote:
> Timer-based publish(shovel) means publishing on every seconds or minute
> regardless of number of queue stacked.
> In our case, if we publish only on based on number of queues, it will
> publish very busy during day time and slowly at night.
>
> The worst case that I see is it does not shovel when there is no queue
> increasing.
> I want queues shovelled every few seconds, guaranteed, so that other
> cluser receive messages not too late.

The shovel maintains permanent connections and reconnects them on
failure. Messages get shovelled straight away.

Does that meet your requirements? Perhaps I am misunderstanding your use
case, but I don't see the benefit of shovelling at regular intervals
only instead of all the time.

Regards,

Matthias.