[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq-Shovel Timer-Based Publishing Possible?

Allen Kim allen.kim at epicadvertising.com
Wed Mar 16 16:50:18 GMT 2011

Message volume fluctuates from extremely high to very low depending on the
time of day.

We use a relatively large transaction size on the outbound, publishing,
connection to get high enough throughput on a high latency link for the
peak times of day.  However, at the off peak times of day, it can take up
to a few minutes for the shovel to accumulate enough messages to hit the
configured transaction commit size.

Allowing a configurable transaction size plus commit timer adds some
flexibility.  At peak times, the transaction size counter is always hit
first.  At low times, the timer hits first and ensures that  message
delivery does not stall.

Allen