[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq-Shovel Timer-Based Publishing Possible?

Allen Kim allen.kim at epicadvertising.com
Tue Mar 15 15:33:03 GMT 2011

Timer-based publish(shovel) means publishing on every seconds or minute
regardless of number of queue stacked.
In our case, if we publish only on based on number of queues, it will
publish very busy during day time and slowly at night.

The worst case that I see is it does not shovel when there is no queue
increasing.
I want queues shovelled every few seconds, guaranteed, so that other
cluser receive messages not too late.

Here I attached the custom shovel that we have used, which does
timer-based publish and queue-based publish both.

Hope you can see the attachment and also, hope I explains well.

Allen Kim