[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 2.1.1: Building from sources: No rule to make target deps.mk ?!

Frank Gönninger frank.goenninger at consequor.de
Sun Nov 28 17:00:39 GMT 2010

Hi Matthias,

Am 28.11.2010 um 17:49 schrieb Matthias Radestock:

> Frank,
>
> Frank Gönninger wrote:
>> Am 28.11.2010 um 16:52 schrieb Matthew Sackman:
>>> If you:
>>> wget http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-server/v2.1.1/rabbitmq-server-2.1.1.tar.gz
>>> tar xzf rabbitmq-server-2.1.1.tar.gz
>>> cd rabbitmq-server-2.1.1
>>> make
>>
>> That doesn't work on OS X 10.6.5 (darwin 10.5.0) with GNU make 3.81.
>> It's not clear to me at all what is the difference between the two
>> environments (hg and source tarball).
>
> This does work for a colleague of mine on 10.6.5 and make 3.81 from
> xcode. Oh well.

Whatever the difference between our two envs is ...

> As Matthew pointed out, there is a rabbit package in macports. And
> homebrew.

Not using any of those. But:

> And if you are not keen on either of these then the generic
> Unix binary
> (http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-server/v2.1.1/rabbitmq-server-generic-unix-2.1.1.tar.gz).
> should work just fine. Building from source is really only required if
> you want to modify the code.

I know that, thanks, and this does work. I managed to compile and install myself now. All is well. ;-)

Thanks again for superb support on a Sunday !

Frank

--
  C o n s e q u o r   C o n s u l t i n g   A G
  Frank Goenninger

  E-Mail: frank.goenninger at consequor.de
  Phone: +49 711 781 181-10
  Fax:   +49 711 781 181-11

  Consequor Consulting AG
  Liebknechstr. 33
  D-70565 Stuttgart

  Vorstand: Frank Gönninger (Vors.), Martin Melcher
  Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dipl.-Kfm. Matthias Filbinger
  Sitz der Gesellschaft: 70565 Stuttgart, Deutschland
  Registergericht Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 727446