[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 2.1.1: Building from sources: No rule to make target deps.mk ?!

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Sun Nov 28 16:49:41 GMT 2010

Frank,

Frank Gönninger wrote:
> Am 28.11.2010 um 16:52 schrieb Matthew Sackman:
>> If you:
>> wget http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-server/v2.1.1/rabbitmq-server-2.1.1.tar.gz
>> tar xzf rabbitmq-server-2.1.1.tar.gz
>> cd rabbitmq-server-2.1.1
>> make
>
> That doesn't work on OS X 10.6.5 (darwin 10.5.0) with GNU make 3.81.
> It's not clear to me at all what is the difference between the two
> environments (hg and source tarball).

This does work for a colleague of mine on 10.6.5 and make 3.81 from
xcode. Oh well.

As Matthew pointed out, there is a rabbit package in macports. And
homebrew. And if you are not keen on either of these then the generic
Unix binary
(http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-server/v2.1.1/rabbitmq-server-generic-unix-2.1.1.tar.gz).
should work just fine. Building from source is really only required if
you want to modify the code.

Regards,

Matthias