[rabbitmq-discuss] Debian rabbitmq-server package rejected

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Tue Feb 24 12:31:07 GMT 2009

John,

John Leuner wrote:
> There were some queries from the Debian ftpmaster about rabbitmq's
> copyright.
>
> 1. We should explicitly list the copyright and (BSD License) for
> amqp-0.8.json at the top of debian/copyright
>
> 2.
>> the files src/tcp_* seem to be taken from the cacherl project:
>> http://code.google.com/p/cacherl/

It's the other way round. It looks like the cacherl folks simply copied
the code that *I* wrote (and first released as part of RabbitMQ 1.1.0 in
August 2007), removed all copyright and licensing notices, and added
themselves as the author.

> 3. In debian/copyright we list the copyright and license as:
>
> Copyright: 2006-2009 Rabbit Technologies Ltd.
>
> License:
> The RabbitMQ server is licensed under the MPL.
>
> but further down in the actual text of the MPL license there are
> additional copyright holders

What's the best way of fixing that and point 1 above? Do we simply need
to tweak debian/copyright? If so, could you please make those changes
and send the amended file back to me? I can then make sure it gets
incorporated in the next release.

Regards,

Matthias.