[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP and anonymous queue deletions

Dan Di Spaltro dan.dispaltro at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 09:00:35 GMT 2009

Hey Tony,

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 4:45 AM, Tony Garnock-Jones <tonyg at lshift.net> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Dan Di Spaltro wrote:
>>
>>  We were definitely starting things in the wrong order, leading to
>> that race condition.  Since we can't declare exchanges in STOMP and
>> whatnot (which is fine, since we use STOMP only in JS).  Thanks for
>> addressing the problem!
>
> Glad it worked for you. Have you thought about what might be a STOMPish way
> of declaring exchanges?

It seems like the most selling point of the STOMP and rabbit is that
it is a dumbed down version of AMQP that can be sufficient for things
like JS.  I am not sure how many share that same view,

> BTW, the current rabbitmq-http2 code uses plain-old JSON-RPC/HTTP to expose
> a full(ish) suite of AMQP operations. Perhaps Orbited has a JSON-RPC
> adapter?

I just acts as a medium to handle all the forever frame and whatever
hacks it uses to make all browsers support comet, so I imagine it
wouldn't take too long to implement, but I don't think it comes with
that out of the box.

--
Dan Di Spaltro