[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP and anonymous queue deletions

Dan Di Spaltro dan.dispaltro at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 08:47:07 GMT 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:36 AM, Ben Hood <0x6e6562 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dan,
>
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:40 AM, Dan Di Spaltro
> <dan.dispaltro at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Since there are no consumers and no messages and no transactions
>> shouldn't queue be destroyed?
>
> For the queues that currently have no comsumers, are you sure there
> was at least one consumer on each one at some time in the past? If
> this is not the case, then a queue cannot be auto-deleted.

There definitely was one consumer at one time which plucked a message
of that queue, but isn't the point of auto_delete to "...the queue
will be deleted automatically when no longer used. "  Wouldn't no
consumers constitute no longer used?  Does something change with the
STOMP adapter that I don't understand?

>> Now as a browser app
>
> BTW, if you are using JS, have you looked at the http extension for Rabbit?

No I have not, however the solution I am using seems to work fine
(minus the queues not auto-deleting)
I don't have a bunch of time to rewrite all that pesky long polling
xhr stuff that I get for free with orbited.

--
Dan Di Spaltro